Non Invasive Prenatal Test (NIPT) in Ahmedabad
NIPT = Non-Invasive prenatal testing or NIPS = Non invasive pre-natal screen is a screening test to detect various chromosomal defects in the developing fetus in uterus – the so called upcoming newborn baby when it is in the uterus of the mother.
This test is done from the blood of the mother so it is called non-invasive test as it does not require taking amniotic fluid sample from the uterus.
Prenatal means before the birth of the baby.
It detects various chromosomal defects or diseases or disorders like :
- Trisomy 21 (Down syndrome)
- Trisomy 18 (Edwards syndrome)
- Trisomy 13 (Patau syndrome)
- Gonosomal aneuploidies ( XYY syndromes, Klinefelter, Turner, triple X)
- Common Microdeletions & Duplications
The test is done by NGS next generation sequencing method.
What is the procedure to get NIPT test done :
- Visit our Qline lab in Naranpura Ahmedabad. The lab is open 24×7 but for this test you have to visit lab during 9am to 8pm only. Home visit can be done but better to visit lab to get detailed history and form filled.
- You will be asked to fill a form, Doctor at the lab will help to fill the details also.
- Past USG reports or double/triple marker report will be required.
- Pregnant mother’s blood will be collected in a special Streck tube by an expert phlebotomist
- Payment to be made at the reception, test cost price is Rs 12000
- Your report will be ready in around 10 days, report will be mailed/whatsapp to you. You can collect hard copy report also from the lab.
Get the interpretation of your report from the referring gynecologist. Though the test is most accurate to detect various anomalies, there are rare chances of false negative or false positive reports, not all reports are 100% accurate to diagnose your condition. So follow what your gynecologist suggest.