HbA1c – Glycosylated Hemoglobin Test for Diabetes in Ahmedabad
What is HbA1c level test?
Hemoglobin A1c is a type of hemoglobin in the red blood cells that is glycated/bound to the glucose. The average life span of the red blood cells is 120 days, so this Hb a1c test suggests 3 months (8-12 weeks) average glucose/sugar level in one’s body and thus can be used for diagnosis of diabetes and also for followup in case of diabetes patients to know sugar control. Hba1c value suggests long term glucose control in comparison to sugar test which varies frequently.
HbA1c Test price in Ahmedabad – Rs 500 (home visit charges extra as per distance)
Book Visit Now or Visit Lab
- Done by HPLC method which is the gold standard method for HBa1c testing.
- No special preparation is required for HbA1c test.
- No fasting required.
- Test can be done any time of the day randomly.
- It takes only 10 minutes of your time when you visit the lab for blood collection.
Now, what does the test result mean?
As per American Diabetes Association (ADA) guidelines,
- Non-diabetic: < 5.7
Pre-diabetics: 5.7 – 6.4
Diabetics : > or = 6.5
ADA Target: 7.0
Action suggested: > 8.0
When and how often it should be done?
- First time, when you or your doctor suspect that you might be having diabetes, for the diagnosis.
- For the regular follow-up at the interval of every 3 months or more often depending on the symptoms or change in the treatment.
Hb a1c glyco hb report format with graph :diabetes test in ahmedabad
glycosylated hba1c report