Chikungunya RT PCR Test in Ahmedabad – Book Home Visit
Similarly to covid RTPCR and dengue PCR, Chikungunya PCR test is now available in Ahmedabad with fast turn around time of 12 to 24 hours.
Key Features :
- Done from Blood
- Test report / result within 12 to 24 hours
- Test cost price Rs 2000 for Chikungunya PCR only. Rs 2000 for Dengue PCR… Dengue Chiken gunya PCR combo Rs 3000 only.
- Home visit available, home visit boy charges extra depending on distance from lab, approx Rs 100
- Sensitivity and specificity almost 100%
- Better than chikungunya IgM antibody rapid test
Recommendation for usage :
Any person presenting with clinical signs or symptoms within a week consistent with acute dengue infection or dengue fever including: high fever, maculopapular rash, myalgia, headaches, vomiting and nausea, and conjunctivitis.
As a subset of the acute clinical symptoms of CHIcken gunya infection are also prevalent in Zika and dengue virus infections that are transmitted by the same mosquito vector, confirmatory diagnosis using real-time PCR is recommended for patients exhibiting clinically compatible symptoms to guide patient management decisions.
CHIKV RNA is detectable in serum up to 7 days after onset of symptoms and signs. A positive PCR test during this detection window is confirmatory of chiken gunya infection. A negative PCR test does not exclude infection as viruses decrease over some time and should be followed up by chicken gunya antibody test like IgM2108100424_stationary